If you own either a Whirlpool Cabrio or Maytag Bravos topload washer with a touch-screen interface (VMAX Washer), over a period of time, it may stop responding to commands only offering a vague "beeping" noise while refusing to start.
This repair kit fixes and improves the factory design by allowing you to clean the contact pads on the interface that will cause the washer to refuse to work. In addition to fixing the problem, this kit will allow you to put a waterproof electrical coating on the board, preventing the issue from ever coming back.
Included in the Kit:
- (2) 70% Isopropyl Alcohol Prep Pads to clean the damaged/corroded interface pads to restore function
- (1) PCB-Grade Alcohol Pad to prepare the clean and prep the interfaces for conformal coating
- 15ml Vial of MG Chemicals Silicone Waterproof Conformal Coating (with a tamper-proof seal and small internal dropper to ensure vial does not leak)
- 6" Acid Brush for applying conformal coating to the interface board
- 7ml pipette dropper for larger dosage of coating to the interface board
We've used this system of hundreds of our own Maytag/Whirlpool washers in our used appliance store, and found that cleaning the pads and sealing them works on 95% of all washers exhibiting the issue of the interface being totally dead and unresponsive to start. In rare instances it is another component, or a deeper issue with the interface. With many interface boards costing well over 10x the kit, we think its well worth using even if you own a Maytag or Whirlpool washer and haven't quite yet seen the corrosion problem.
Chemicals Note: This kit contains a silicone-based conformal coating. It is both flamable and toxic for consumption. We reccomend you use gloves and use with caution in a well ventilated area.
For more info on the coating we use: https://www.mgchemicals.com/products/conformal-coating/silicone-conformal-coatings/conformal-coating-waterproof/